GWNET is excited to share the selected mentees for the GWNET Mentoring Programme 2020 for Women in the Energy Sector. The programme received 50+ applications from women working in sustainable energy from over 30 countries.
The quality of applications received was very high and we sincerely thank all applicants for taking part in this process.
The selected participants for the programme include:
- Amelia Letvin: Well Site Geologist, Self-Employed, USA
- Ana Eloísa Méndez González: Geochemistry Technician, Instituto Costarricense de Electricidad, El Savador
- Ana Gabriela Garcia Rogel: Project Manager and Project Developer, UNIVERGY, Japan
- Angelika Marie C. David: Researcher, Institute for Climate and Sustainable Cities, the Philippines
- Anna Devyatova: 1st Class Specialist, LLC “United Transport Energy Systems”, Russia
- Bertha Arenivar: Environmental specialist, LaGeo, El Savador
- Denisa Diaconu: Project Manager/ Analyst, Energy Policy Group, Romania
- Diana Carolina Martínez Artiga: Technical Assistant Engineer, LaGeo, El Savador
- Elena Chvanova: Consultant/Project Manager, Dr. Langniß – Energie & Analyse, Germany
- Idalia Araceli Matus Pravia: Reservoir Engineer, Polaris Energy Nicaragua, S.A., Nicaragua
- Ingrid Gonzales: Compliance Analyst, Repsol E&P Peru, Peru
- Karla Maria Lainez Amaya: Technical Consultant, ABB Power Grids AB, Sweden
- Katharina Pröstler: International Consultant, UNIDO, Austria
- Marcela María Bascopé Noguera: Social Responsibility & Communications Specialist, Polaris Energy Nicaragua, Nicaragua
- María del Sol Muñoz Mortera: Country Manager, NATURA EST, Chile
- Marie Gauvain: Head of Procurement for Engie, France
- Mariel Irina Jiménez Soto: Advisor to the CEO Office, Grupo ICE- Instituto Costarricense de Electricidad, Costa Rica
- Marsha Prabandani: Contract & Project Manager, Akuo Energy, Indonesia
- Mathilde Byskov: Partnership Manager, BRIGHT Products, Denmark
- Missree Satish Vachhani: Assistant Manager- Offer Marketing, Schneider Electric India Private Limited, India
- Sarah-Melissa Leitner: Advisor on Energy Policy (focus decentralised renewables), GIZ, Rwanda
- Sonia Rueda: Associate Professional- Statistics, IRENA, UAE
- Vija Pakalkaite: Analyst – EU Power and Carbon, ICIS, Germany
- Viktoriia Unuchko: Project Officer at UNDP and Support Officer for Eastern Europe and Central Asia at the Private Financing Advisory Framework, Ukraine
Each of the selected mentee-mentor tandems will engage in a bilateral exchange between May 2020 and April 2021; with the matchmaking done on the basis of the mentee’s career aspirations stipulated in the application form. In parallel, knowledge-transfer webinars on energy and personal development topics will be organised for the mentee cohort to stimulate growth.
Become a Mentor – What’s in it for You?
As a mentor, you get the opportunity to give something valuable back to more junior professionals and to expand your own knowledge through the mentees’ perspective. Mentoring will contribute to personal and professional development for both you and your mentee, as well as, shaping the direction of future generations within your field of expertise. If you are interested in volunteering as a mentor in one of GWNET’s mentoring programmes (which involves approx. 1 – 1.5 hours of engagement per month plus optional participation in knowledge-transfer webinars), kindly fill in our Mentor Datasheet.
Stay tuned for updates on the participants and the programme.