To empower women as agents of change in the energy transition, the Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe (OSCE) is launching a mentoring program for women professionals working in energy in Central Asia. The program is part of the OSCE ExB Project on Promoting women’s economic empowerment in the energy sector for energy security and sustainability in Central Asia and is implemented in partnership with the Global Women’s Network for the Energy Transition (GWNET).
The newly launched mentoring program “Empowering Central Asian Women in Renewable Energy” aims to address the gender gap in the renewables sector and to advance the position of mid-career women working in the energy transition, with the specific goals to:
- Increase women’s representation at managerial and decision-making levels, and ultimately advance the pace of the energy transition,
- Help address soft skills, support women to build self-confidence and position themselves for leadership roles in the energy industry,
- Support participants to develop concrete career goals which they can strategically work towards, and
- Encourage networking to foster access to opportunities in the sector.
Please consider applying if you are a woman from Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, or Uzbekistan with 2-8 years’ experience working in the energy sector and the ambition to support the energy transition in your country or region.
The mentoring program will have a duration of 12 months. Besides one-on-one support from their mentors, mentees will benefit from the following:
- Comprehensive knowledge-transfer components
- Networking and peer-to-peer exchange
If you meet the criteria presented above and are interested in applying for this program, please fill in this application form by midnight CET, 8 March 2022.
The program is also looking for senior professionals working in the energy sector to serve as mentors and support the personal and professional development of participants.
If you are interested in volunteering as a mentor (which involves approx. 1 – 1.5 hours of engagement per month), kindly fill-in the Mentor Datasheet. The mentee-mentor pairing process will be based on how closely the goals of the mentee match the skills and experience of the mentor.
Kindly note that the program will be conducted in English and professional working proficiency is required.
The deadline for applications has been extended to 20 March 2022.