The Clean Cooking Alliance (CCA), Sustainable Energy for All (SEforALL) and the Global Women’s Network for Energy Transition (GWNET) have launched the second cohort of a mentorship program for early to mid-career women working in the clean cooking sector in Africa, Asia, and Haiti.
Following the success of the inaugural 2021 cohort, the 2022 “Women in Clean Cooking” (WICC) mentorship program will support women in the clean cooking sector, offering benefits that include:
- Gaining experience from seasoned professionals in the energy sector;
- Obtaining career-enhancing activities to support concrete goals;
- Enhancing professional and personal development;
- Fostering strategic thinking and innovative ideas.
Call for Mentees
The application criteria are as follows:
- Must be a national from Africa, Asia or Haiti and working in any country in Africa or Asia, or Haiti.
- Must be a woman working in clean cooking, with a strong personal interest in contributing to the achievement of Sustainable Development Goal 5 and 7 by supporting the engagement of other women in the process and a commitment to women’s empowerment and gender equality.
- Must work in an early to mid-career position, with 2 – 10 years of work experience.
The mentorship program is also designed around the following parameters:
- Regional focus on early to mid-career professionals in Africa, Asia, and Haiti;
- Bilateral interaction for 12 months between mentees and mentors along mutually-agreed professional development targets;
- Careful matchmaking and continuous support by the GWNET Secretariat, alongside CCA and SEforALL;
- A series of exclusive curated knowledge-transfer webinars based on needs stated by the mentee cohort;
- Skill-building elements for professional leadership and communication;
- Virtual networking opportunities at international energy and/or renewables events.
If you fulfil all the application criteria and are interested to apply as a mentee, please fill in the application form.
The program is also looking for senior professionals working in the energy sector (preferably with clean cooking experience) to serve as mentors and support the personal and professional development of participants.
If you are interested in volunteering as a mentor (which involves approx. 1 – 1.5 hours of engagement per month), kindly fill-in the Mentor Datasheet. The mentee-mentor pairing process will be based on how closely the goals of the mentee match the skills and experience of the mentor.
Kindly note that the programme will be carried out in English and professional working proficiency is required.
The deadline for applications is March 31st 2022
Please email questions to email@example.com.
Hope this writing finds you well and in good health.
I would be very grateful if similar opportunities are available for men, I am very much interested in Energy and looking learning opportunities related to enery.
I’m from Nepal and we need a place for our NGO if someone wanna help us they can contact with us our official number, email any time 00977-9841813133 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Dear sir/ Madam
Namaste frome sankalpa Nepal
First, I hope this mail finds you and your loved ones safe and Healthy.
I humbly request that these International non-government organizations (INGOs) have been carrying out various activities in Nepal for a long time to help the women, children, dalit, janajati, LGBTQ etc vulnerable community. In this District (Sudur paschim province, Darchula) also, there is a request to conduct the next program in partnership with Sankalpa. Sankalpa has adopted the right-based approach at strategic and practical levels because it believes that all people are entitled to the ‘rights’ that are enriched in the National and international laws and conventions. Sankalpa has been addressing the subject of inequality, powerlessness, suffering and material poverty. Sankalpa Darchula Nepal (Sankalpa) is a community Based organizations (CBOs)/ NGO dedicated to Human Rights, Food security, Health and wash, Education, Water Governance, Climate, Peace Building, Media and Development in Sudur Paschiem Province since 1997. It works with a mission to enable rural people to claim and exercise their rights promoting and protecting human rights through the National rule of law, poverty reduction and improved livelihoods through their organization, research, policy advocacy and judicious resources mobilization. It has been implementing various project/programs with the funding support of different community Based organizations (CBOs) and users Groups. Theme area as belows.
WASH and Water Governance (Public Health).
Resilience and Climate Justice including humanitarian response.
Education and Child Protection and Disabilities.
Gender and Social Justice and Human Right.
Nature-Based Solutions/ River Right.
I think this kind of training is good for men as well.
Bravo…looking forward to learning more on clean cooking alliance as i apply for the WICC mentorship program.
Hi, this is a good learning process especially in mentoring us and to be equipped with more information related to clean energy for all with more emphasis on the rural communities. Very much interested.
Dear all, thank you for the invitation, I’m interested but u are talking about working in clean cooking for 2-10 years experience which i don’t understand. I’m a Civil Society Actor and I’m interested in your network