GWNET brings you the 6th instalment of the “Meet the Women in Clean Cooking” series which celebrates the work and achievements of the women who are part of the Clean Cooking Mentorship Program. This program is made up of 30 mentee-mentor tandems, with mentees from over 15 countries. Meet Clean Cooking mentee, Sumedha Awasthy, Project Manager at the International Institute for Energy Conservation in India.
1) Tell us a little about yourself. What do you love most about what you do?
I love my work as I feel it actually makes an impact. I work on programs such as clean energy access and climate resilience agriculture. In all these programs, I work with the community to understand their problems and then try and find solutions.
2) What were your goals when you started working in clean cooking? How have these evolved?
3) What are the opportunities for clean cooking in your country?
4) What challenges have you faced in the sector? Can you tell us how you overcame (or are overcoming) this challenge(s)?
6) What advice would you give to women hoping to join the clean cooking sector?
This is the need of the hour as clean cooking not only helps women in each house but has overall health benefits for each family member.
Read more about GWNET’s mentoring programmes here.