Date: March 10, 2021
Location: Online, 14:45 – 16:15 (Dhaka)
Description: GWNET Executive Director, Christine Lins, gave a keynote address at the webinar Role of Women in Building an Energy Conscious Society, as part of the celebrations for International Women’s Day.
The webinar which included a panel discussion with national gender experts from academia, industry and the public sector attempted to shed light on the rarely explored gender-energy nexus.
The main goals of the webinar were to:
- Understand the nexus between Gender and Clean Energy
- Explore how access to energy impacts women
- Learn the gender dimensions of energy consumption, and context in Bangladesh
- Understand the need to include gender dimensions in power sector policy making
- Understand the role of women in developing a society with responsible energy use
Read the programme here.