To advance the role of women as agents of change in the energy transition, IFC’s Women in Renewable Energy in Africa Network (W-REA) in partnership with Energy2Equal and the Global Women’s Network for the Energy Transition (GWNET), is launching a mentoring program for women professionals working in renewable energy in sub-Saharan Africa.
The newly launched mentoring program “Women in Renewable Energy in Africa” aims to address the gender gap in the renewable sector and advance the careers of mid-career women working in the energy transition, with the specific goals to:
- Increase women’s representation at managerial and decision-making levels, and ultimately advance the pace of the energy transition,
- Help address soft skills, support women to build self-confidence and position themselves for leadership roles,
- Support participants to develop concrete career goals which they can strategically work towards, and
- Encourage networking to foster access to opportunities in the sector.
The application criteria for mentees are as follows:
- Can be an African woman working in supervisory positions or middle management (including interns).
- Can be a young African female researcher undertaking their PhD or post-doctoral research in a field related to the renewable energy sector.
- Can be a woman entrepreneur in renewable energy who has also worked in senior positions as an employee in renewable energy.
- An existing member of the WREA network.
Furthermore, the mentoring program is designed around the following key program parameters:
- 12-month program duration
- Comprehensive knowledge-transfer components
- Networking and peer-to-peer exchange
If you fulfil all the application criteria and are interested in applying as a participant, please fill in this application form.
The program is also looking for senior professionals working in the energy sector to serve as mentors and support the personal and professional development of participants.
If you are interested in volunteering as a mentor (which involves approx. 1 – 1.5 hours of engagement per month), kindly fill-in the Mentor Datasheet. The mentee-mentor pairing process will be based on how closely the goals of the mentee match the skills and experience of the mentor.
Kindly note that the program will be carried out in English and professional working proficiency is required.
The deadline for applications is Sunday 9th January 2022.
Please email questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.