GWNET is delighted to share the mentors for the GWNET Mentoring Programme 2020 for Women in the Energy Sector.
Each of these mentors is a senior professional committed to making a difference and having a positive impact on a younger woman’s career in the energy sector. We are proud to have them as part of this programme.
The selected mentors for the programme include:
- Adriana Verde Rios: Engineering leader, GE Renewable Energy, Spain
- Amel Barich: Project Manager, GEORG Geothermal Research Cluster, Iceland
- Andrea Heins: Consultant in Energy, Energy Efficiency and Sustainable Development, Independent, Argentina
- Asal Ibrahim: Senior Consultant, DNV GL, UAE
- Athena Ballesteros: Climate Finance Director, Asia, Growald Family Fund, USA
- Barbara Fischer Aupperle: Founding Partner, GWNET, Germany
- Christiana Hageneder: Senior Project Manager, GIZ, Germany
- Corina Radu: Founder, Solutions4Impact, Austria
- Füsun S. Tut Haklıdır: Assistant Professor, Istanbul Bilgi University, Turkey
- Ilina Stefanova: Manager EU and Public Affairs, EVN, Austria
- Irene Giner-Reichl: President, GWNET, Brazil
- Iryna Gerasymenko: Project Officer (Innovations & Private Sector Partnerships), UNDP, Ukraine
- Katarina Uherova: Founder, Enrupt, Singapore
- Katharina Habersbrunner: Board member, Bündnis Bürgerenergie BBEn e.V., Germany
- Leen Govaerts: Unit Manager, VITO, Belgium
- Lylian Coelho Ferreira: Project Manager, SUEZ, France
- Marit Brommer: Executive Director, International Geothermal Association, Germany
- Mari-Louise Van Der Walt: Owner, Alakriti Consulting, South Africa
- Monica Oliphant: Research Scientist and Renewables & Environment Consultant, Independent, Australia
- Rabia Ferroukhi: Deputy Director – Knowledge, Policy and Finance Centre, IRENA, UAE
- Sandra Chavez: Renewable Energy Consultant, the World Bank, USA
- Sandra Retzer: Director Development Policy Forum, GIZ, Germany
- Senta Schmatzberger: Project Manager, Buildings Performance Institute Europe (BPIE), Germany
- Sonia Zavesky: Director, Zavesky Consulting, Australia
- Tatiana Mitrova: Non Executive Director, NOVATEK, Russia
- Yana Popkostova: Founder & Managing Director, European Centre for Energy and Geopolitical Analysis, France
Become a Mentor – What’s in it for You?
As a mentor, you get the opportunity to give something valuable back to more junior professionals and to expand your own knowledge through the mentees’ perspective. Mentoring will contribute to personal and professional development for both you and your mentee, as well as, shaping the direction of future generations within your field of expertise. If you are interested in volunteering as a mentor in one of GWNET’s mentoring programmes (which involves approx. 1 – 1.5 hours of engagement per month plus optional participation in knowledge-transfer webinars), kindly fill in our Mentor Datasheet.
Stay tuned for updates on the participants and the programme.