To advance the role of women as agents of change, the Global Women’s Network for the Energy Transition (GWNET) in partnership with Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) and on behalf of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy (BMWi), is launching a mentoring programme across select countries under the German bilateral energy partnerships.
The newly launched mentoring programme “Energising Women to Advance the Energy Transition” aims to advance the careers of mid-career women working in the energy transition, and will build upon last year’s regional mentoring programmes for the Latin America and Middle East and North Africa regions.
In particular, the programme aims to:
- Empower women in the energy sector in order to increase women’s representation at managerial and decision-making levels, and ultimately advance the pace of the energy transition,
- Foster social change, facilitate novel ideas and encourage networking, and
- Support participants to develop concrete career goals which they can strategically work towards.
The programme, which is now accepting applications, is also looking for senior professionals working in the energy sector to serve as mentors and support the personal and professional development of participants.
The application criteria for participants are as follows:
- Must be a national from one of the following countries:
- LAC: Brazil, Chile, Mexico
- MENA: Algeria, Jordan, Morocco, Saudi Arabia, Tunisia
- Ethiopia and South Africa
- Must be a woman working in the renewable energy or energy efficiency field
- Must work in a middle management position (5 – 10 years of relevant work experience)
Furthermore, the mentoring programme is designed around the following key programme parameters:
- Selection of 8-10 mentees per country
- 12-month programme duration
- Comprehensive knowledge-transfer components through an exclusive online course
- Networking and peer-to-peer exchange
If you fulfil all the application criteria and are interested in applying as a participant, please fill in this application form. If you are interested in volunteering as a mentor (which involves approx. 1 – 1.5 hours of engagement per month), kindly fill-in the Mentor Datasheet. The mentee-mentor pairing process will be based on how closely the goals of the mentee match the skills and experience of the mentor.
Kindly note that the programme will be carried out in English and professional working proficiency is required.
The deadline for applications has ben extended to Sunday 4th April 2021
Please email questions to email@example.com.