Date: October 22 – 24, 2019
Location: Seoul, South Korea
Side Event – Tuesday, 22nd October | 12.00 – 13.00 | COEX, Room E6
Description:The side event will focus on a sneak-preview presentation of the upcoming GWNET study followed by a panel discussion about women’s empowerment in the energy sector.
Key discussion topics
1. Women in the sustainable energy sector
2. Summary of scientific evidence on the effects of gender diversity and inclusion in the workplace
3. Female decision-making – does sustainability really matter more?
4. Obstacles, enablers and best-practices for women’s access to and participation in the sustainable energy workforce
5. Recommendations for a more gender inclusive sustainable energy sector
Women’s Networking Breakfast at KIREC2019 | Thursday, 24th October | 8.00 – 9:30 | COEX, third floor, Room 8
Description: This women’s networking breakfast at KIREC aims to facilitate connections among the women attending KIREC. It will discuss what is needed to give more visibility to women in the sector, thereby striving for more gender diversity and strengthening the renewables industry.
Read the full programme for the side event and networking breakfast here.