Gender diversity drives innovation, opens new pathways for technology deployment, brings fresh perspectives to development of societies and attracts and retains a richer pool of talent. However, it is a well-known fact that the energy sector continues to be male-dominated. This networking event, jointly organised by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Development (BMZ) and the Global Women’s Network for the Energy Transition (GWNET), which took place on Wednesday 20 June 2018 in Munich, is part of a series of GWNET events all around the globe to empower female professionals in the energy sector.
, LAC/MENA 2019, Mentorship, News, 2
We know that the inclusion of women and people of diverse ethnicities brings benefits not only to the sustainable...
, News, 0
ENERGIA, in collaboration with nine research teams recently released a new report “Gender in the transition to energy for...
, Mentorship, News, OSCE, 1
To empower women as agents of change in the energy transition, the Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe...
, News, 0
GWNET is seeking a consultant who will assist in implementing the online knowledge transfer series developed in the context...
, News, 1
The Women in Energy Expert Platform connects and empowers women working in sustainable energy in all parts of the...
, News, Women in Wind 2019, 0
As you may know, gender diversity is an essential ingredient for any industry as it drives innovation, opens new...
- Gender Equality in Energy Industry Report 01/02/2023
- Solar PV: A Gender Perspective – New IRENA Report 26/01/2023
- Gender Diagnosis of the Energy Sector in Albania 24/01/2023
- A Cooperative of their Own: Gender Implications on Renewable Energy Cooperatives in Germany 23/01/2023
- Applications for the Second “Women in Energy Empowerment” Mentoring Programme are Now Open 11/01/2023
Stay up to date!
GWNET curates and disseminates a quarterly global energy newsletter. Find out more and sign up for it here!
Read more about our …
- Clean Cooking 2020
- Clean Cooking 2022
- Energising Women 2021
- Energy Storage 2022
- ESMAP 2020
- GN-SEC 2022
- GWNET 2018
- GWNET 2019
- GWNET 2020
- LAC/MENA 2019
- People Centred Accelerator 2019
- Women in Energy Empowerment
- Women in Energy Empowerment 2023
- Women in Wind 2019
- Women in Wind 2020
- Women in Wind 2021
- Women in Wind 2022