Gender diversity drives innovation, opens new pathways for technology deployment, brings fresh perspectives to development of societies and attracts and retains a richer pool of talent. However, it is a well-known fact that the energy sector continues to be male-dominated. This networking event, jointly organised by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Development (BMZ) and the Global Women’s Network for the Energy Transition (GWNET), which took place on Wednesday 20 June 2018 in Munich, is part of a series of GWNET events all around the globe to empower female professionals in the energy sector.
, Mentorship, News, Women in Wind 2020, 0
The Women in Wind Global Leadership Program, a joint initiative of the Global Wind Energy Council and the Global...
, News, 0
The second edition of the webinar series on Gender and Transportation in Latin America will take place on Tuesday,...
, Mentorship, News, People Centred Accelerator 2019, 0
Nine months ago, 15 women from Kenya, Ghana, Rwanda and Zambia looking to advance their careers in the energy access space...
, GWNET 2018, News, 4
GWNET offers an energy-sector specific, global mentoring programme for women in junior/middle management positions. Since the success of a...
, News, 0
ENERGIA, in collaboration with nine research teams recently released a new report “Gender in the transition to energy for...
- GWNET Mentoring Programme Mentors 02/03/2021
- EQUALITY IN PROGRESS: Empowering Women – Much Discussed, Least Conceptualized 26/02/2021
- Women on the Rise: Prioritising Gender Equity as a Business Imperative 11/02/2021
- Applying Gender Lenses to the Interlinkages and Synergies Between SDGs 11/02/2021
- Call to Action: Empowering Women and Youth to Accelerate the Clean Energy Transition 04/02/2021
Stay up to date!
GWNET curates and disseminates a quarterly global energy newsletter. Find out more and sign up for it here!