Date: July 5 – 7, 2021
Description: GWNET hosted a side event at the Vienna Energy Forum on 6th July, on the topic – Women leading the global energy transition.
The event brought together an expert panel with the goals to provide inspiring examples of women who are shaping the global energy transition, create a network of female change-makers in the energy space, compare lessons learnt, motivate other women to pursue their careers in the energy transition space, and form coalitions to advance women in energy globally.
Speakers at the event included:
- H.E. Leonore Gewessler, Federal Ministry for Climate Action, Environment, Energy, Mobility, Innovation and Technology, Austria (welcome message)
- Christine Lins, Executive Director, GWNET
- Irene Giner-Reichl, Senior Advisor, GWNET
- Rabia Ferroukhi, Director KPFC, IRENA, and IRENA Gender Focal Point
- Petra Schwager, Chief of Energy Technologies and Industrial Applications (ETI), Department of Energy, UNIDO
- Atchara Poomee, Founder of PAC Regenerating Energy, Thailand
In addition, GWNET Senior Advisor, Irene Giner-Reichl, moderated an executive dialogue on – Consumers at the Forefront on 7th July. During this dialogue, participants discussed recent shifts in consumer preferences, and how big data, Internet of Things, and digital twins can be harnessed to place consumers at the forefront of the energy system transformation.