To advance the role of women as agents of change in the energy transition, the Global Women’s Network for the Energy Transition (GWNET) on behalf of the German Energy Agency (dena) and the Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Climate Action (BMWK), under the German bilateral energy partnerships, is launching the second mentoring programme for women energy professionals in Israel, Türkiye, and Ukraine.
This second cohort of the mentoring programme “Women in Energy Empowerment” aims to advance the careers of mid-career women working in the energy transition, with the specific goals to:
- Increase women’s representation at managerial and decision-making levels, and ultimately advance the pace of the energy transition,
- Foster social change, facilitate novel ideas and encourage networking, and
- Support participants to develop concrete career goals which they can strategically work towards.
The application criteria for participants are as follows:
- Must be a national from Israel, Türkiye, or Ukraine
- Must be a woman working in the renewable energy, energy efficiency, or energy infrastructure field
- Must work in a middle management or leadership position
- 5 – 10 years of relevant work experience
Furthermore, the mentoring programme is designed around the following key programme parameters:
- 10-month programme duration
- Comprehensive knowledge-transfer components
- Networking and peer-to-peer exchange
If you fulfil all the application criteria and are interested in applying as a participant, please fill in this application form.
The programme is also looking for senior professionals working in the energy sector to serve as mentors and support the personal and professional development of participants.
If you are interested in volunteering as a mentor (which involves approx. 1 – 1.5 hours of engagement per month), kindly fill-in the Mentor Datasheet. The mentee-mentor pairing process will be based on how closely the goals of the mentee match the skills and experience of the mentor.
Kindly note that the programme will be carried out in English and professional working proficiency is required.
The deadline for applications has been extended to Wednesday 8th February 2023.
Please email questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.