Date: March 16, 2021
Location: Online, 10:00 – 11:30 (EST)
Description: GWNET President, Irene Giner-Reichl, took part in a panel at the Commission on the Status of Women (CSW) side event Empower Women, Energize the World.
This side event was an opportunity to discuss the important link between energy and gender equality, and how investments in the energy sector can catalyse women’s economic empowerment.
The event featured speakers at the forefront of the nexus of energy and gender, who provided perspectives on how to increase energy access, how to boost women’s professional participation in the energy sector, and how women entrepreneurs are contributing to the energy transition.
Other speakers on the panel included:
- Flemming Møller Mortensen, Denmark’s Minister of Development Cooperation
- Damilola Ogunbiyi, Special Representative of the Secretary-General and CEO of SEforALL
- Karin Isaksson, Managing Director of Nordic Development Fund
- Dorthe Petersen, Director of Plan International Denmark
- Monica Maduekwe, Founder and CEO, PUTTRU Technologies Limited
- Helen Watts, Senior Director of Global Partnerships, Student Energy
- Rana Ghoneim, Industrial Development Officer, UNIDO
Read the programme here.