This year’s Women in Wind Global Leadership Program is going to be the largest program yet, with more mentees than ever before. GWEC and GWNET are absolutely delighted by the diverse applications we have received this year, with more than a hundred applications from across the world highlighting the interest from women in starting, building and developing their careers in the wind industry.
- 130 applications
- India, Brazil and Vietnam the top three countries for applications
- It is a truly global program, with applicants also coming from Argentina, Kenya, Mexico, the Philippines and South Africa and more
- Applicant backgrounds were also varied with a mix of education and expertise
- 3% have a PhD, and more than 50% have a Master’s Degree.
- 14% of applicants have an engineering background
- 12% have skills in managing stakeholders