The Global Women’s Network for the Energy Transition (GWNET) on behalf of the German Energy Agency (dena) and the Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy (BMWi), under the German bilateral energy partnerships, is excited to announce the mentors for the “Women in Energy Empowerment” mentoring programme.
Each of these mentors is a senior professional committed to making a difference and having a positive impact on a younger woman’s career in the energy sector. We are proud to have them as part of this programme.
The mentors for this year’s programme include:
- Alberto Pérez Ortiz: EU TAF Non-Key Energy and Policy Expert at SUSPRO, Spain
- Alexander Kalinnikov: Senior Investment Manager at New Industry Ventures Venture Capital Fund, Russia
- Barbara Fischer-Aupperle: Founding Partner at GWNET, Germany
- Bhaskar Natarajan: Senior Policy Advisor at AEEE, India
- Beril Alpagut: Smart and Sustainable Cities Consultant/Project Manager at Demir Enerji Danismanlik, Turkey
- Cecilia Strandberg: Project Director at Renewables Academy (RENAC), Germany
- Dolunay Güçlüer Küpeli: Board Member at Denizüstü Rüzgar Enerjisi Derneği (DÜRED), Turkey
- Elena Ocenic: Associate Programme Officer – Innovation Networks at International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA), Romania
- Füsun Tut Haklıdır: Associate Professor Dr. & Deputy chair of the Energy Systems Engineering Department at İstanbul Bilgi University, Turkey
- Geetanjali Seewoosurrun: Senior Customer Services Officer at the Central Electricity Board, Mauritius
- Gizem Dumlu: Communications/Social Media Consultant, Turkey
- Heike Bruch: Senior Market Manager at Voith Hydro, Germany
- Ima Khrenova-Shymkina: Deputy Director at GIZ, Ukraine
- Kristina Haverkamp: Managing Director at Deutsche Energie-Agentur GmbH (dena), Germany
- Lea-Valeska Giebel: Senior Expert, Electricity Grids International at Deutsche Energie-Agentur GmbH (dena), Germany
- Lucia Häger: Senior Vice President Global Sourcing at PERI GmbH, Germany
- Miliswa Mlokoti: Senior Operations Manager at Globeleq, South Africa
- Nargis Wieck: Director, International Cooperation at Deutsche Energie-Agentur GmbH (dena), Germany
- Netra Walawalkar, Director – India Markets at Customized Energy Solutions India Pvt Ltd, India
- Oksana Roman: Energy Transition Leader for Central & Eastern Europe | Head of Management Consultancy at Bilfinger Tebodin, Ukraine
- Rebecca Jaffe: Director, Strategy & Innovation at the Gas Technology Institute, USA
- Salome Janelidze: Director of Legal Department at the Georgian National Energy and Water Supply Regulatory Commission (GNERC), Georgia
- Selen İnal: Business Development Manager at TurSEFF, Turkey
- Senta Schmatzberger: Project Manager at Buildings Performance Institute Europe (BPIE), Germany
- Shuyi Li: Manager at RMI, China
- Simay Akar: CCO & Co-Founder at Innoses, Turkey
- Swetha Sundaram: Senior Consultant – Energy Storage at DNV, India
- Tatiana Mitrova: Independent Director at Schlumberger, Russia
- Valentyna Beliakova: Director at TIU Canada & President of the Women’s Energy Club of Ukraine, Ukraine
- Yasemin Kuytak: Director at KfW IPEX-Bank, Turkey
Become a Mentor – What’s in it for You?
As a mentor, you get the opportunity to give something valuable back to more junior professionals and to expand your own knowledge through the mentees’ perspective.
Mentoring will contribute to personal and professional development for both you and your mentee, as well as, shaping the direction of future generations within your field of expertise. If you are interested in volunteering as a mentor in one of GWNET’s mentoring programmes (which involves approx. 1 – 1.5 hours of engagement per month plus optional participation in knowledge-transfer webinars), kindly fill in our Mentor Datasheet.
Stay tuned for updates on the participants and the programme.