Date: March 28th 2022 (14:00 – 16:00 GMT+7)
Description: To support inclusivity, the ASEAN Centre for Energy (ACE) through the ASEAN Climate Change and Energy Project (ACCEPT) launched the “ASEAN Gender-Energy Report: Development Finance” which explores the question ‘have the government and donor institutions provided enough support for energy development initiatives in ASEAN that consider gender elements in their program?’.
The objective of the “ASEAN Gender-Energy Report: Development Finance” is to evaluate the funding received for gender and gender-energy related projects from 2010 to 2019 in ASEAN. This report also unravels the interplay between gender equality, energy access, and economic improvement, which is rarely discussed, especially in ASEAN. The report is expected to be used as a reference for ASEAN policy makers in planning the financial needs to achieve higher levels of gender equality in energy projects.
GWNET Executive Director, Christine Lins, provided the key message for this event, which also featured prominent speakers including:
- Filda Citra Yusgiantoro, Chairperson of Purnomo Yusgiantoro Center (PYC)
- Monika Merdekawati, Technical Officer, ASEAN Centre for Energy (ACE)
- Gabriella Ienanto, Associate Officer, ASEAN Centre for Energy (ACE)
- Batari Saraswati, Head of Corporate Planning & Risk Management, PT PT SURYA SEMESTA INTERNUSA TBK
- Ira Martina Drupady; Research Associate, Energy Studies Institute (ESI), National University of Singapore
- Suhela Khan; Country Programme Manager, WeEmpower Asia, UN Women
Read the full event recap.