Date: December 11th 2021 (15:00 CET)
Description: The event, Sind Frauen die besseren Klimapionierinnen (are women the better climate pioneers) aimed to explore how women in management positions advance the ecological transformation in agriculture, energy, transport and finance, specifically how and where women are represented in these sectors and whether women in key positions are driving the energy transition forward.
GWNET co-founder and Board Member, Barbara Fischer-Aupperle, took part in a discussion on “Strengthening women as climate pioneers. What is the policy framework?” revolving around what framework is set by politics in Baden-Württemberg and how women can be strengthened as climate pioneers.
Speakers in this discussion included:
- Moderator: Ulrike Röhr, civil engineer and sociologist.
- Barbara Fischer-Aupperle, mentor and coach for women, as well as co-founder of GWNET.
- Dr Julia Hansch, professor and course director for ABWL – forwarding, transport and logistics and deputy equal opportunities officer at the Baden-Wuerttemberg Cooperative State University Mannheim.
- Tanja Holzschuh, manager of the Holzschuh organic farm.
- Angelika Stahl, Head of Asset Management and Foundation Support at GLS Bank.
Watch a snippet from Barbara regarding this topic.