Date: August 20, 2020 @ 11:40 UTC+9
Description: GWNET Executive Director, Christine Lins, and GWNET Board Member, Rabia Ferroukhi spoke on a panel titled “Adding Value by Exploiting Cross Cutting and Spill-over Benefits of Gendered Innovations” at the Gender Summit 19. They led discussions on women in and for sustainable energy.
This panel session focused on improving the quality of impact of SDG interventions to achieve equal change benefiting the circumstances of women and men through multi-stakeholder actions involving researchers, policymakers and gender experts.
Other panellists included:
- Dominique Charron, Vice-President, Programs and Partnerships, International Development Research Centre, Canada
- Muneeza Mehmood Alam, World Bank, USA
- Jürg Luterbacher, Director Science and Innovation at the World Meteorological Organization (WMO), Switzerland
- Marco Lambertini, Director General, WWF International, Switzerland, and Alice Ruhweza, Regional Director for Africa, WWF International, Switzerland
- Nayoung Kim, professor, School of Medicine, Seoul National University, Republic of Korea
Read the programme here.