Date: August 4th 2021 at 17:00 West Africa Time
Description: ReEnergy Africa successfully held the third Edition of the ReEnergy Africa Business Roundtable titled “Gender and Renewable Energy: Making Sustainable Energy More Inclusive and Diverse in Africa.”
The roundtable focused on women’s contributions to the energy transition, the barriers to entry they experience, and how governments and stakeholders through women’s inclusion can create a stronger impact on energy access across Africa.
As part of the roundtable, GWNET Senior Advisor, Irene Giner-Reichl, had the opportunity to voice concerns women face in the energy sector and shared possible solutions to combatting gender imbalance to support the energy transition.
Speakers for the session included:
- Moderator: Jameelah Sharrieff-Ayedun, MD/CEO at CreditRegistry
- Irene Giner-Reichl, Senior Advisor at GWNET
- Angelina M. Galiteva, Founder and Board Chair of Renewables 100 Policy Institute
- Ms. Ntombifuthi Ntuli, CEO of the South African Wind Energy Association (SAWEA)
- Joanna Osawe, CEO at WiRE
Watch the roundtable recording.