Date: November 22nd 2022 (10:00 CET)
Description: The IV annual conference Energy has no gender was held by the Women’s Energy Club of Ukraine, with the support of the Heinrich Boell Foundation, Kyiv Office – Ukraine. The conference was held with the following topics in mind:
- Implementation of new opportunities for women in the conditions of military modernity.
- Ukraine as a strategic partner of the EU in building energy security and decarbonizing the economy.
- Ensuring gender and climate sensitive financing for green recovery.”
GWNET Senior Advisor, Irene Giner-Reichl, took part in a panel discussion titled Taking new opportunities for women in the wartime reality, which focused on how “the challenges of wartime can be transformed into new opportunities for women’s empowerment and employment.” As part of the panel, Irene and other panelists discussed the following topics:
- How to use the moment for greater involvement of women in the energy sector and other sectors of the economy, where the share of women remains low.
- The need for mentoring in training and retraining as the main tool for leadership development and motivation to acquire new knowledge.
- Employment of women, in particular IDPs, in the energy sector, creation of conditions for the return of women to Ukraine.
- Adaptation of companies to personnel changes in war conditions
Other speakers included:
- Ima Khrenova-Shymkina, GIZ project director “Promotion of Energy Efficiency and Implementation of the EU Energy Efficiency Directive in Ukraine” (moderator)
- Emma Wiesner, member of the European Parliament
- Christina Haverkamp, managing director of dena
- Yuliya Rybak, co-head of the Secretariat of the German-Ukrainian Energy Partnership
- Anastasiia Gorbach, program coordinator of the Women’s Energy Club of Ukraine